Sunday, March 10, 2013

I Been Blurbed!

According to Simon Dardick, head honcho over at Véhicule Press, the ad above'll be running as the back cover of the upcoming issue of Maisonneuve Magazine, the Montreal quarterly that covers arts, politics, ideas and "anything else eclectic and curious." He pulled the quote from my intro to the reprint of The Body on Mont-Royal by David Montrose. I'll have to get one of my kids to pick up a copy or two, since chances of Palmdale's only bookstore carrying it seem slight... (although, curiously, the premiere issue DID show up at the local B&N years ago...).

5 Comments:

Blogger Guillaume said...

I need these books! The Crime on Côte des Neiges looks like a cover from a Série Noire.

2:28 PM, March 10, 2013  
Blogger Kevin Burton Smith said...

The first two Montrose covers were based on the original books. The BODY ON MONT-ROYAL (the one I did the intro for) was published by Harlequin, and I guess they wouldn't let Ricochet have the artwork or something. The original cover is on the Thrilling Detective Web Site at http://www.thrillingdetective.com/teed.html.

Hmmm... maybe i should run the intro somewhere...

4:38 PM, March 10, 2013  
Blogger Brian Busby said...

You're right about Harlequin, Kevin. In their case, it's not even worth asking. A shame, really - The Body on Mount Royal is my favourite of the original covers.

Back in its day, Sugar-Puss on Dorchester Street had three different covers (one of which was an uncommon dust jacket). Each is a visual delight, yet we weren't entirely happy with any for use in Ricochet. The cover you see in the ad is a reworking of the earliest cover. If curious, you can find the original and my thoughts on the novel here .

5:38 AM, March 11, 2013  
Blogger John McFetridge said...

The Harlequin cover for "The Body on Mount Royal" is now on my tee shirt, thanks to Vistaprint.

12:13 PM, March 12, 2013  
Blogger Kevin Burton Smith said...

Way cool, John! Now I want one!

2:00 PM, March 12, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home